The ASAI National Summer School in Artificial Intelligence will be held at the TU Wien, Austria. For accomodations see further below.
Vienna is the capital of Austria and it is know for its cultural and historical background. Vienna is being regarded as the City of Music, because of its musical luminaries including Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Joseph Haydn, Ludwig van Beethoven and many more. It played an essential role as a leading European music centre, from the great age of Viennese Classicism through the early part of the 20th century. And Vienna has also a strong scientific tradition, just think of the famous “Wiener Kreis”.
The historic centre of Vienna is rich in architectural ensembles, including Baroque castles and gardens, and the late-19th-century Ringstrasse lined with grand buildings, monuments and parks. Some of the most famous sightseeing points in Vienna are:
- Burgtheater, is considered one of the best theatres in the German-speaking world
- Wiener Musikverein, home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra known across the world for the annual widely broadcast “New Year’s Day Concert”
- The imperial palaces of Hofburg and Schönbrunn
- Rathaus (Town Hall)
- Stephansdom & Stephansplatz (the city center)
For more information and other tourist attractions, please visit: https://www.wien.info/en
Location: Technical University of Vienna, Faculty of Informatics
The address of the ASAI National Summer School in Artificial Intelligence is:
TU Wien, Vienna, Austria (lecture hall will be announced later)
We recommend that you arrive in Vienna, a day before the start of the ASAI National Summer School in Artificial Intelligence, so that you have time to settle in. Be aware that you should be at the event location latest at 08:00-09:00 on Monday and should remain here until Friday 17:30, when the program will end.
We recommed you to buy weekly tickets, that are available for one week for all the lines. One costs: € 17,10. You can also use the following website to plan your trips in Vienna: https://www.wienerlinien.at
(You should carry a valid ticket at all times when using public transportation. There are high fines for travelers that don’t have such a ticket when checked by controllers.)
Route from railway train station: Take subway line “U1”.
Route from airport:
- Take the train from Airport to Hauptbahnhof, then take U1 to Karlsplatz
- Or take the Airportbus to Schwedenplatz, then take U1 to Karlsplatz.
- Or take CAT (city airport train to “Bahnhof Wien Mitte” and subway line “U4” to Karlsplatz)
For your accomodation we refer to the booking service of the Vienna Tourist Board wien.info.
- Visas: The Technical University of Vienna will provide any institutional documentation that is needed by a student in order to obtain a visa. If you require such a document please send us an email at email@example.com with further details. The participants should inquire at the nearest Austrian consulate or embassy for specific instructions. Additional information about Austrian representations in other countries can be found at https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/.
- Health Insurance: Students must have health insurance with valid coverage in Austria. We advise you to check with your insurance company before leaving for Austria whether you‘re covered for your stay. For all students from EU-countries the E-Card is accepted in Austria and therefore covers the health insurance (the E-Card has to be activated for Europe wide use). All Non-European students must have health insurance as well. It you apply for a visa to come to Austria you will need to take out a policy before leaving your country.